Wow, it’s certainly been a while since I have done a games related post. In fact it’s been an eternity since I have had the time to post about anything!
If like me you have had issues with your Xbox One reading game discs then I have a little tip that could help you help when you just need that game to load!
A lot of people will tell you it is your drive, or to reinstall your and they might be right. However this has worked for me time and time again. Let’s face it we just want to play and there is nothing worse than having this happen right before a big session.
It is quite simple….
When you put the game in the slot just keep hold of it until you here the Xbox trying to pull it in. After a few 5 – 7 seconds let it go. Hey presto your game should read.
Like I say you may have a duff drive, but if this does help you out there is only one thing left to say… Happy gaming!
I came across this little error a few weeks back. I could log into my admin console and no matter what I clicked on in relation to a desktop, or a pool for example I would see the following error message.
It’s not a very helpful error and I am the admin, so there was no one else to turn too! I spent a while checking the basics and could see that all servers and services were up, virtual desktops were running but we could not make any changes to pools or carry out any actions, such as a recompose.
I bit more digging and there really was nothing jumping out as being wrong, so I turned to Google. There were not a lot of options/fixes on offer and everything that was listed didn’t fit the bill.
So I thought I would post the fix for this issue as it was pretty simple in the end. The user account that our View services are using for some reason had a password that was set to expire. Clearly this is a bit dumb and was an oversight. A quick AD update to the user account, a close and re-open of the View admin console (WI) and we are in business.
So there you have it. Simple fix.
You have to love some of the errors that vSphere has up its sleeve for you and this morning I came into see one of our critical file servers powered off. I tried to power it on and I got this lovely error message.
A quick look on the VM summary page and I saw this message relating to replication, HBR was my imediate thought but I didnt think that we replicated this VM. So I had a look at all of the outbound replications and sure enough this VM was listed. These things dont just start replicating so I asked around…. I wont go into detail but the net result was that someone decided to take the initiative and replicate it and something went worng!
So we removed it from HBR and tried to power the VM back on back again this nasty message showed up. This VM only has one VMDk and that is the system drive on SCSI 0:0, the rest are RDM’s. So we tried to move the VMDK to another SCSI adapter and it still failed. We took that VMDK and added it to another VM and we could see and access the files.
This left one place to look and that was the VM, so I had a look in the VMX file and a quick search for HBR showed the following entries.
So I deleted the HBR lines and tried again. This time VM got a bit further and looked like it would power on but it didnt. In the interest of time I restored the VMX file, hoping that having one prior to HBR would get around the error, which it did. I wish I had a bit more time to fiddle but its pretty clear what the cause of the problem was.
Hope this helps someone else as I did not find anything that fitted my error from the Internet.