vCenter Ops 5.6 has been out for a while but delivers vSphere 5.1 support. I will be performing the upgrade over the next few days so I will follow this post with my upgrade steps.
In the mean time I thought I would list out a few of the new features that I think will be helpful to me.
There are a number of cool new features in 5.6
- 5.1 support and support/integration into the web client
- More granular capacity planning
- Improved stress detection
- Custom reports! (Finally)
- Interpretations and recommendations to help guide on what to do next
- Can create multi level alert rules
What do you think of vCops so far, will you be upgrading.